Ofsted Reports & Performance Table
OFSTED Quotes: Inspection Dates 11-12 December 2012 and Section 48 Report 2018
- Students’ behaviour is outstanding.
- Students conduct themselves with impressive courtesy, generosity towards others and commitment to achieving the very best.
- There is a rich and varied range of extra opportunities for students to learn outside the classroom, including trips and charity work.
- The school places a strong emphasis on spiritual values, reflection and service to others. All members of the school community consistently demonstrate these values day by day.
- In the Sixth Form, students’ results so far are extremely promising and their progress within lessons is frequently outstanding. Students are heading to top universities.
- Students thrive because teachers know them as individuals and offer a lot of extra support and feedback.
- Teachers and other staff always demonstrate high expectations of behaviour and achievement and this is expressed as firm discipline, but also as genuine affection and care.
- Parents say that they are very happy with the strong discipline in the school.
- The Headteacher and senior leaders have created a school in which teachers believe all students can make outstanding progress.
- All school leaders, teachers, and other staff share the same ‘no excuses’ approach which has ensured that all students make outstanding progress.
- Teachers manage lessons with complete confidence and determination.
- Teachers plan interesting lessons and focus on what students need to demonstrate to achieve high grades in examinations and tests.
- Systems for checking on how well students are doing over time are detailed and effective. Assessment and test results are collected, published and reviewed so that each teacher can plan carefully for the next stage of their students’ learning.
- Behaviour around the school, in corridors, at lunchtime and at the end of the day is also exemplary. Students are always friendly, courteous and helpful.
- The Headteacher, governors and staff are ambitious for their students, totally focused on raising and maintaining high achievement.